I’m off to a retreat with an awesome group of UBER talented ladies from the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild! You think packing for a regular vacation is hard? Trying choosing what to bring for a quilting retreat, and having this wonderful little rainbow to pick from:
Yeah, I know. Way too hard to decide. So I’m basically bringing everything (in true female fashion). There’s a lot I’d like to accomplish this weekend, so I’m hoping to be held accountable through posting about it. The last two guild meetings, I chatted the entire time and didn’t sew a thing! If you know me that won’t surprise you. Here are the things I’d like to get done during the retreat:
- Kelly’s dresden block (for the guild bee)
- Vicky’s star block (for my Modern Minx bee)
- Melissa’s 9-patch block (for my friend and guild president who’s about to have a little guy)
- Piecing all blocks for Caiden’s 1st birthday quilt (good friend Amiee’s adorable son)
- Shhhhwoon blocks (I won’t try to explain what this means)
If I complete at least two thirds of this list, I’ll consider this weekend a success. Either way it will be a blast. Wish me luck!