As I type this, toothpicks are in my eyelids helping me stay awake for the sake of finally sharing this baby quilt finish. Because there’s no antidote for a tiring week like quilty goodness and a fresh finish!
- The recipient: Sterling, a darling friend’s darling new baby boy (le bébé!)
- Front Prints: Tsuru and Washi Tape by Rashida Coleman Hale, Bella and Glimma by Lotta Jansdotter
- Front Solids: Kaufman Essex (White and Medium Aqua), Kaufman yarn-dyed Essex (Flax and Black), Kona Snow, Free Spirit Designer Solids in Gold, Pure Elements Solids in Nocturnal
- Backing fabric: Minky (Cuddle Solid in Charcoal by Shannon Fabrics)
- Binding fabric: Kaufman yarn-dyed Essex Flax
- Batting: Warm and White 100% Cotton
- Thread: White Auriful 50wt mako cotton
- Machine pieced, quilted and bound by moi
I quilted my lines one inch apart into a giant zigzag with my walking foot. I started by marking and quilting the lines two inches apart (you can see my markings in a previous post), but it didn’t look dense enough so I went back and did another line of quilting between those (just eyeballing the center between existing lines). I’m glad I decided to do the additional quilting–it made a huge difference!
I love how, depending on the angle from which you’re looking at the quilt, you can either see the left set of lines, or the right, or both. In the picture directly above, you can only see the lines on the left, but in the picture directly below you can see both. Unintended yet magical.
And just like zat, we have quilt pour le bébé! Wishing everyone a fresh start to a great week!